We are a web development and consulting company with a global reach, building web applications for customers mostly from the US and UK markets. Currently, we are a team of 15 passionate people, but we are still growing.
We are looking for a highly skilled developer, who can be part of our largest project – an e-commerce based platform which delivers fully customizable subscriptions. The whole system is based on personal preferences and the customer’s history. It involves highly complex algorithms that decide what should be sent to the customer and what merchandise will be needed in the future.
8000 – 16000 nett (B2B, employment contract possible) in a full-time position. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Specifically, the system delivers features such as:
- Handling e-commerce part of the project where subscription is bought, processed and sent to the warehouse.
- Managing inventory, including making projections about what product and how many of it will be needed in the nearest future.
- Advanced reporting system to monitor business growth.
- Integrations with several external services like Google Analytics, warehouse, AI marketing technology, Stripe.
- An algorithm that decides what product should receive each user based on his preferences, history, and product rating.
Adding small and big new features. We are adding new features constantly – sometimes it’s just a new report, sometimes a big business expansion like adding the subscription for a new product type or ability to have a one-time add-on to your monthly orders.
You’ll be a part of a team that is responsible for:
- Rebuilding the e-commerce part in Spree.
- Building a new version of the primary ordering feature called “The Wizard”.
- Building a new customer account page (Spree + ReactJS).
- Supporting and enhancing the existing project, including occasional refactoring.
- Extending reports suite to include new ways of looking at business driving data.
- Taking part in the Scrum process.
Technologies we use:
Ruby On Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, ReactJS, AWS, Sidekiq + Redis
- You have 3+ years of experience in commercial application development with Ruby on Rails or with any other MVC frameworks in Ruby, PHP or Python.
- You know databases (RDB, NoSQL) and your data structures are efficient.
- You create easily maintainable, reusable, well tested and documented code base.
- You are able to design, plan, and execute optimal informational architecture and data structures.
- You are open to sharing your knowledge and be involved in the work process improvement.
- You have a very good written and spoken English.
Nice to have
- You have experience in working with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
Working with us you will
- Be surrounded by the experienced team, that likes to work in the friendly and non-corporate atmosphere,
- Work on interesting international projects, including a possibility to work on a rapidly growing US based eCommerce startup,
- Take part in streamlining our CI & Automation processes,
- Opportunity to work on complex, custom-built systems handling thousands of requests daily,
- Have a place for constant development. With us, you have a budget for personal growth that you decide how to utilize. Conferences, courses, interesting books – you name it.
- Private healthcare,
- MultiSport card,
- Paid vacation days and sick leave,
- Flexible working hours,
- Best equipment (Macbook or other, according to preferences),
- Free snacks, drinks and Wednesday lunch,
- Regular assessments and salary reviews,
- MacBook to keep after 3 years with us.