- C# .Net MVC
- Amazon AWS
- HTML 5
The Alliance for Young Artists and Writers (http://www.artandwriting.org/) has very specific needs in terms of running the program. Through most of the year, the main function of the project is providing information about the program. Their remaining time is very busy. Site traffic explodes from about 30 thousands to 1.5 million page views per week. Students upload hundreds of gigabytes of work to the system. Panels of judges from around the nation then review thousands of submissions, judge them, and assign awards. To make all of this possible, a very specialized set of tools is needed.
The Nopio team has been tasked with building the tools up to the specification. Using C# .Net MVC, MsSQL, BackboneJS, Solr search and Amazon AWS, we created a system that fulfills all the requirements of The Alliance which:
- Handles student’s registration, uploads individual work and portfolios, and processes payments for each application
- Manages staff users, judges, teachers, students, uploaded works, awards, and event rsvps
- Provides an easy to use review system and judge tools to optimize the judging process
- Creates a Digital Archive system to store the historical works
- Designs and creates an infrastructure that is flexible enough to handle predictable traffic spikes
- The client reported that the created tools allowed for 100% growth since 2010
- Nopio worked closely with the customer’s team in order to come up with the project plan and detailed specification of each feature
- The Nopio team is in constant contact with the client in order to offer feedback and suggest changes and optimizations
- The development team at Nopio is flexible and scalable to current needs of the project
At this time, when the bulk of the project is done, Nopio works very closely with the customer in order to maintain the system, as well as implement any needed changes and new features.