Agency decision makers, happy with Nopio’s previous projects, decided to bring us in to simplify the CMS, fix website visual and functional issues and add new custom features that were requested by content managers. We went through the existing system and advised the client that it wasn’t cost effective to continually update the existing system.
From there, the Nopio team estimated the cost of the needed updates would surpass that of a clean rebuild with our usual clean and extremely easy-to-use CMS built on top of WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields plugins. The main points of the plan were:
- Keep the existing style of the website but recreate them in order to eliminate all the issues with smooth scrolling, visual issues, and mobile experience.
- Create new content management menus in the admin panel that are clear and easy to use by staff without web development training.
- Make sure that the site is extendable so there are no problems with adding new features or sections.
- Enhance the design with all the small details that were always planned but were not possible in the previous version of the build.
- Make sure that the site is well optimized and has great performance.
- Move all the content from the old site, including blog posts from the last 8 years.