The Center for Couples and Sex Therapy (The Center) is a team of relationship and sexuality experts on a mission to help patients create lives full of love, pleasure, and connection. As therapists, they aim to achieve the highest standards of professional excellence without sacrificing their down-to-earth humanity. That means patients work with real humans, not cold, clip-board wielding, Freudian robots.
As many small companies do, The Center started with a fairly generic, yet informative, website that allowed them to bootstrap the business—to a point. With the company’s continued success and growth, the team noticed that what worked in the beginning did not represent the enhanced professionalism and quality that they currently offer to their patients. The project started as a drive to refresh the website and make it more appealing, matching the current trends. This meant creating a more modern therapist website and logo that reflected the current state of The Center. Of course, due to the world in which The Center operates, visual messaging needed to be indirect and tasteful.
The initial brainstorming sessions made clear that The Center’s current brand did not meet the standards they wanted to see in the new website. Nopio and The Center agreed on a touchup of the brand as the right strategy to address this issue. In addition, Nopio’s team proposed custom illustrations for any practice-related graphics. These custom graphics can be genderless and unobtrusive, which was important to the look and feel of the updated brand. All of these elements came together in the website Nopio built using WordPress, and Nopio’s ThemeFlex™ approach to creating content management.
Responsive WordPress website
What The Center Gained
- Refreshed brand that will serve the company for years to come
- Tasteful, informative, and fully-responsive website
- Ability to safely and comfortably edit all content on the website
- Matching set of graphical elements for use in all marketing materials beyond the therapist website design
- Working closely together allowed the client’s team to familiarize with the system early and raise any questions before they needed to actually use the website.
- High testing standards and craftsmen approach to development
- Nopio’s experience and consulting abilities helped and guided the client through any required tech decisions.
We’ve been looking at our Google Analytics metrics to compare how the new site is performing compared to the old site. It is astounding to see the difference! Bounce rates have dropped by 50%, time spent on the site is way up, and conversions to the email list are consistently from 7-10%. It’s incredible, and it’s all thanks to the hard work the Nopio team put into bringing this vision to life.